Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preperation.
Practical Testing of:
- Set in preparations
- Set through preparations
- Set on preparations
- Both Part & Full penetration welds
Full PCN certification is only achieved when an existing Level 2 Welds certification is held and upon successful passing of the examination.
We recommend 32 training hours before taking this examination.
An individual certified to Ultrasonic Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Ultrasonic Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Ultrasonic Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Ultrasonic Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Ultrasonic Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Ultrasonic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Ultrasonic Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Ultrasonic tests.
- Scientific calculator
- Overalls/Lab coat
- Safety boots are mandatory in practical areas
- PCN Candidates: PCN wallet card or other form of photographic identification
- Pin Profile Gauge (Where possible)
Nozzle & Node
Training course: £678 (4 days)
Examination: £253 (1 day)
PCN Levy: £78
PCN PED Admin Charge: £45