Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preparation.
This certification is issued by PCN in accordance with ISO 20807 and DOES NOT comply with EN ISO 9712 standard, therefore you should ensure that this course and certificate meets your requirements and the requirements of your employer.
- Basic concepts
- Principals of ultrasonic testing
- Flaw detector (operation and use)
- Defect location and sizing techniques
- Use of calibration and reference blocks
- Report writing and discussion of relevant standards and specifications (BS, EN etc)
- Basic Product Technology
PCN Certification is awarded once the student has demonstrated the required experience and training hours have been met and successful completion of the PCN examination has been achieved:
Ultrasonic Thickness & Laminations
Level 2 – 40 training hours and 4 months experience
An individual certified to Ultrasonic Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Ultrasonic Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Ultrasonic Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Ultrasonic Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Ultrasonic Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Ultrasonic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Ultrasonic Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Ultrasonic tests.
- Scientific calculator
- Overalls/Lab coat
- Safety boots are mandatory in practical areas
- PCN Candidates: PCN wallet card or other form of photographic identification
Thickness & Lamination Checking
Training course: £748 (4 days)
Examination: £382 (1 day)
PCN Levy: £84
Note: Prices are correct at time of issue but may be subject to change, with the exception of confirmed bookings.