Located at the Sheffield Business Park, we are among some of the world’s leading engineering organisations such as University of Sheffield’s Factory 2050 as well as TWI, Rolls Royce and the AMRC that are located nearby at the Advanced Manufacturing Park.
The Engineering Training Centre opened in August 2015 as the new location for IMechE Argyll Ruane after it had been acquired by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. It is the global centre for our worldwide NDT & ICorr training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy services.
This also includes our Coatings and Inspection training and examination services on behalf of the Institute of Corrosion (ICorr).
Currently we provide a large schedule of courses but we have dedicated practical training facilities for the following methods:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Phased Array (PAUT)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD)
- Coatings and Inspection (on behalf of ICorr)
- Visual Testing (VT)
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Pulsed Eddy Current Testing (PEC)
- Radiographic Interpretation (RI)
- Weld Inspection (WI)
- Protective Coatings Inspector
- Passive Fire Protection (PFP) Coating Inspector (Epoxy)
- Insulation Inspector
- Industrial Coatings Applicator Training Scheme (ICATS)
- Pipeline Coating Inspector
- Hot Dip Galvanizing Inspector
Other facilities include:
- Examination Centre
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ members room
- Meeting rooms
- Atrium, break out and refreshments area
- Shower and rest rooms
- 80 seat Lecture Theatre
- 80 Car Parking spaces
We do not provide hotel accommodation but we have corporate rates negotiated with the Mecure Parkway, which is located on site at the Sheffield Business Park and is a short walk away. We can also assist in recommending other hotels nearby.
We pride ourselves in being flexible and listening to our customers so please ask if you would like us to add facilities or hotels.