Candidates must bring their own calibrated Ultrasonic Testing set and probes and the course includes an end of course practical assessment prior to the independent PCN examination.
A full range of examinations are available to internationally recognised central and employer based schemes including PCN, SNT-TC-1A, EN4179 and NAS410.
Full initial, resit and recertification options are available depending on your requirements. Click here for more information >
This programme is only available to holders of current PCN Level 2 Ultrasonic Practitioner Welds certification, which is applicable to at least two groups and held for at least 6 months.
The course was developed to assist the technician/ engineer in the sizing of defects to within a tolerance level commensurate with the capabilities of the ultrasonic method.
Originally designed to meet the objectives of the CEGB module: Defect Assessment for Fitness for Purpose Inspections – Ultrasonic Test Weld Samples. Now available as a PCN examination.
- Production of beam plots for relevant probes
- Practical examination of artificial simulations to assess plotting accuracy
- Discussion of relevant normative documentation including BS and EN standards
- Production of DAC and sensitivity levels
- Discussion relating to echo-dynamic patterns
- Reporting formats
- Practical defect sizing on a variety of weldments
Training course: £555
PCN Levy: £74