Candidates must bring their own calibrated Ultrasonic Testing set and probes and the course includes an end of course practical assessment prior to the independent PCN examination.
A full range of examinations are available to internationally recognised central and employer based schemes including PCN, SNT-TC-1A, EN4179 and NAS410.
Full initial, resit and recertification options are available depending on your requirements. Click here for more information >
This programme is only available to holders of current PCN Level 2 Ultrasonic Practitioner Welds certification, which is applicable to at least two groups and held for at least 6 months.
The course was developed to assist the technician/ engineer in the sizing of defects to within a tolerance level commensurate with the capabilities of the ultrasonic method.
Originally designed to meet the objectives of the CEGB module: Defect Assessment for Fitness for Purpose Inspections – Ultrasonic Test Weld Samples. Now available as a PCN examination.
- Production of beam plots for relevant probes
- Practical examination of artificial simulations to assess plotting accuracy
- Discussion of relevant normative documentation including BS and EN standards
- Production of DAC and sensitivity levels
- Discussion relating to echo-dynamic patterns
- Reporting formats
- Practical defect sizing on a variety of weldments
- Scientific calculator
- Overalls/Lab coat
- Safety boots are mandatory in practical areas
- PCN Candidates: PCN wallet card or other form of photographic identification
- CDS: If using own equipment you must bring an in-date calibration certificate with a completed Ultrasonic Equipment Check Sheet. (As found in PCN/GEN APPENDIX C1) Note: A calibrated set can be provided. However, sufficient notice will be required if you wish to use these.
Training course: £555
PCN Levy: £74