Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preperation.
Candidates will have the opportunity to use the various techniques on welds, castings and wrought products whilst gaining detailed theoretical and practical knowledge on all the commonly encountered penetrant testing techniques. This course is suitable for beginners and personnel with existing NDT knowledge, this course is PCN recognised and provides excellent preparation for Level 1 and 2 examinations. It meets the training hour requirements as specified by the relevant PCN documentation.
- Introduction to the penetrant method
- Principles of penetrant inspection
- Penetrant inspection equipment
- Performance checking
- Defect detection and evaluation
- Production of written technique
- Penetrant techniques
- Relevant standards
- PCN documentation
- Extensive practical element
- Product technology
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
An individual certified to Penetrant Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Penetrant Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Penetrant Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Penetrant Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Penetrant Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Penetrant tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Penetrant Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Penetrant tests.
PCN Certification is awarded once the student has demonstrated the required experience and training hours have been met and successful completion of the PCN examination has been achieved:
Level 2 – 24 training hours and 3 months experience. (Assuming the candidate holds a current Level 1 Certificate)
Direct access to PCN Level 2 would be achieved by combining the experience and training hours of Level 1 and Level 2:
If you are wanting to quickly gain the experience required for your certification, accelerated learning might be for you. You can gain up to 50% of the required experience through this method.
64 hours of training is the equivalent of 320 hours of work experience. This is 50% of the 640 required hours of experience to gain your certification.
The price of training will vary depending on your own requirements, contact us and we can work this out for you.
Training course: £627
PCN levy: £80
PCN PED Admin Charge: £45