Top 5 Mistakes Made When Penetrant Testing In NDTPosted on: March 5th, 2020
Categorised: NDT, Tutorials
Tagged: NDT, News stories about penetrant testing, tutorial, top 5 tips
Avoid these common mistakes in NDT Penetrant Testing by watching the video below.
- Do not apply penetrant using a cloth as it prevents even distribution of the penetrant.
- Do not apply penetrant remover directly as it can wash out penetrant from the defects.
- Do not apply the developer too closely as it can obscure visibility of defects.
- Do not overwash the sample as it removes the penetrant from the discontinuities.
- Do not underwash as it creates additional background making it difficult to see defects .
If you would like to learn more about penetrant testing click here.