Reinstatement of six week rule prior to expiry for validation of PCN certificationPosted on: December 13th, 2022
Categorised: NDT, NDT ICorr News
The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) will be re-instating the six week prior to expiry requirement for revalidation of certification via renewal or examination from the 1st January 2023.
What do this mean for you?
You can no longer revalidate your certificate up to the expiry date, you will need to revalidate at least six weeks prior to expiry date. This can be done by:
- completing a recertification examination at an PCN Authorised Examination Centre
- applying for renewal by completing . (Note, this is for 5 year renewal only and you will need to liaise directly with PCN)
For example, you will need to revalidate your certificate by 2 January 2023 if your certificate expires on the 13 February 2023.
Whose responsibility is it to ensure certification is kept up to date?
It is the responsibility of the certificate holder to initiate the process required for revalidation. Expiry of certification means that you will no longer be certified to undertake inspections under the PCN scheme.
Unable to recertify before the six-week rule?
If you are unable to renew prior to the six-week expiry date, you can submit a late deferral form directly to PCN at a cost of £90 + VAT (Subject to change in 2023).
If you have extenuating circumstances impacting your ability to recertify, this may be reviewed by PCN on a case-by-case basis.
Please get in touch with .
Why recertify with us?
Taking an exam can be a stressful experience. We are committed to making the process as smooth as possible, which is why we have
- Friendly & professional exam team to assist you wherever possible
- Relaxed, stress-free environment to facilitate your exam
- World class examination facilities
- High-quality examination samples
- An exam’s team that processes 90% of results within 14-days
- A money back guarantee on our refresher courses & recertifications
Receive additional support and guidance from our knowledgeable trainers prior to your exam. Available from as little as half a day, our refresher training includes:
- Relevant examination criteria
- Practical exercises on equipment similar to that encountered in examinations
- A theory package orientated towards examination requirements
- Instruction writing
- Mock examination
Book your recertification
We can support you with your recertification examination at our training facilities in Sheffield and Fife.
Contact the team to book your recertification or if you require any help:
|Sheffield, England |
+44 114 399 5720
|Fife, Scotland |
+44 1383 669 004