ICorr/PFPNet – new up to date L2 PFP Inspector’s coursePosted on: April 12th, 2021
Categorised: NDT ICorr News, ICorr
We are pleased to announce that ICorr/PFPNet will be launching a new up to date L2 PFP Inspector’s course to meet the requirements of those inspectors working for fabricators and applicators on multi-national projects.
The course is due for launch in July 2021 with a new syllabus consisting of;
- Introduction and the role of passive fire protection in the hydrocarbons industry
- Health and Safety requirements to meet CSCS requirements
- Introduction to the various types of PFP used for hydrocarbon fire protection
- PFP coatings in detail including common products
- PFP coatings as a system
- PFP degradation and installation errors
- PFP specification – what it needs to include and what to question if it does not
- Quality Assurance and PFP Inspection
- Safe handling of materials
In the interim, existing ICorr L2 Fire proofing inspector personnel wishing to re-certify their expired certificates beyond 1st April 2021, will be given a further certification extension period by ICorr up to 31st July 2021.
After 31st July 2021, a specific online course will be available to all existing ICorr Level 2 Fire Proofing certificated inspectors, this course is designed to bring inspectors up to the new L2 PFP Inspector standards.
There will also be a new L2 PFP Inspector course for candidates who hold an existing L1 Paint / Coating Inspector certificate.