Candidates must hold BRS and Conventional Radiographic Testing depending on the sector sought.
The syllabus includes hands-on training in the use of gamma and X-ray radiographic techniques and the processing/manipulation of photostimulable phosphor plates. The course is ideal for candidates wishing to be certified in Computed Radiography, in either PCN, ASNT or EN 4179/NAS 410 to a company written practice.
The course is available in the following sectors: welds, castings, profile/tangential (in-service inspection of sectional loss).
Additional course content to Level 1:
- Digital imaging plates
- Imaging plate scanners
- Image format
- IQI sensitivity
- Basic spatial resolution
- Factors affecting image resolution
- Signal to noise ratio
- Compensation principles
- Grey values
- Pixel size and spatial resolution
- Modular Transfer Function
- System classes in imaging plates
- Application of Computed Radiography
- Specifications and procedures
- Software image manipulation techniques
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
Training course: £1,245
PCN Levy: £74