Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preparation.
The course is structured to meet national requirements and recommendations. If candidates have forgotten a significant amount of their basic radiation safety knowledge, it is strongly recommended that they attend the basic course before attending the supervisor course.
The course is ideal for those candidates wishing to be certificated in radiation protection to supervisor level under the PCN scheme requirements.
- Review of basic radiation safety
- Normative documents and legislative structure
- Biological effects
- Radioactive Substances Act
- Dose limitation
- The regulation of work with radiation
- The role of the RPA and RPS
- Principles and practices of radiation protection
- Radiation monitoring
- Transport of radioactive substances
- Personal dosimetry
- Emergency procedures
- Ionising Radiation Regulation (1999)
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
Training course: £520
PCN Levy: £80