Advancements in technology are primarily used in safety critical industries where it is paramount to identify defects as early as possible, such as in petrochemical, power generation and nuclear.
Technologies are also used to gather as much information as possible about the defect to better understand how it has occurred, re-engineer parts, or adapt processes to prevent future occurrences of the defect. As a training provider, it is important that our courses remain current and relevant to industry requirements.
Working in collaboration with research organisation Holloway NDT & Engineering, we have developed a course to provide an overview of the theory and practical use of Full Matrix Capture (FMC), Total Focusing method (TFM), Intermodal Total Focussing Method (TFMi™) and other related technological advancements associated with the Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) technique.
Students will gain an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of using the different techniques when compared with PAUT, and be shown examples of suitable applications to enable them to make informed choices on which techniques to use.
Using Sonatest’s latest Veo3 instrument and UTstudio+ software, students will be shown how to set up the equipment to collect and analyse data from a variety of defective test pieces.
- Suitable for individuals who have knowledge and experience of Phased Array and Ultrasonic inspection techniques
- Phased Array / Ultrasonic Technicians, Technical Managers, and Engineers
Across this four-day course, candidates will acquire theoretical knowledge of various aspects of these innovative advanced ultrasonic testing techniques.
The course has been written with references to standards such as BS ISO 23864, BS ISO 23865 and ASME Section V Article 4.
On completion, students will receive a certificate of training.
The course content includes:
- Day 1: Recap of phased array principles and set up
- Day 2: An introduction to Full Matrix Capture (FMC) and Total Focusing Method (TFM)
- Day 3: Phased array and total focusing method data collection
- Exploration of the various TFM modes
- Day 4: Introduction to TFMi™ and data collection using TFMi™
- Advantages of TFMi™ and how it can be used with other methods
4 day training course: £2376 (excl. VAT)