Candidates must hold BRS and Conventional Radiographic Testing depending on the sector sought.
The syllabus includes the assessment of quality, relating to images produced on photostimulable phosphor plates in accordance with example specifications. Ideal for candidates wishing to be certified in Computed Radiography Interpretation, in PCN/EN4179/NAS410/ASNT to a company written practice.
The course is available in the following sectors: welds, castings, profile/tangential (in-service inspection of sectional loss).
- Digital imaging plates
- Imaging plate scanners
- Image format
- IQI sensitivity
- Basic spatial resolution
- Factors affecting image resolution
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- Compensation principles
- Grey values
- Pixel size and spatial resolution
- Modular Transfer Function
- System classes in imaging plates
- Application of computed radiography
- Specifications and procedures
- Software image manipulation techniques
- Interpretation of images
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
Training course: £865
PCN Levy: £76