David Stowers is a surface protection specialist with over twenty-five years’ experience of industrial protective coatings, passive fire protection and thermal insulation systems across a multitude of sectors; working on a variety of projects for organisations such as BP, EON, Nexen Petroleum, Sif Group, Talisman Energy, Akzo Nobel Coatings, Qatar Gas and SBM Offshore.
David also has extensive experience with application contractors, coating manufacturers, EPC contractors and world-class project client teams.
His practical experience is enhanced by a Bachelor of Engineering and MSc studies focusing on materials and corrosion, structural integrity and sustainability.
David is a certified instructor of the ICorr/PFP Net Passive Fire Protection Inspector Level 2 and Level 3 courses and is also a NACE Level 3 certified coating inspector and qualified instructor of the NACE Coating Inspection Programme.
Corrosion prevention by protective coatings, thermal spray applications, thermal insulation, passive fire protection.
- B. Eng. (Hons.) degree with the Open University (emphasis on structural integrity, materials and sustainability) – 2013 Upper Second Class Honours (2.1)
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences (English and Philosophy) – 1988 Upper Second Class Honours (2.1)
- ICorr PFP Inspection Course instructor
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector
- NACE Coating Inspection Programme instructor
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor