Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preparation.
- Environmental factors, direct and indirect methods of visual assessment
- Visual inspection equipment
- Surface conditions
- Inspection and testing criteria
- The reporting of results
- Codes and standards
- Preparation of a written instruction
- Product technology (welds, castings, wrought), in-service and secondary process defects
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
An individual certified to Visual Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Visual Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Visual Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Visual Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Visual Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Ultrasonic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Visual Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Visual tests.
PCN Certification is awarded once the student has demonstrated the required experience and training hours have been met and successful completion of the PCN examination has been achieved:
Level 2 – 24 training hours and 3 months experience (Assuming the candidate holds a current Level 1 Certificate)
Direct access to PCN Level 2 would be achieved by combining the experience and training hours of Level 1 and Level 2:
Direct access Level 2 – 40 training hours and 4 months experience
If you are wanting to quickly gain the experience required for your certification, accelerated learning might be for you. You can gain up to 50% of the required experience through this method.
64 hours of training is the equivalent of 320 hours of work experience. This is 50% of the 640 required hours of experience to gain your certification.
The price of training will vary depending on your own requirements, contact us and we can work this out for you.
Training course: £691
PCN levy: £88
PCN PED Admin Charge: £47
Note: Prices are correct at time of issue but may be subject to change, with the exception of confirmed bookings.