Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preparation.
- Environmental factors, direct and indirect methods of visual assessment
- Visual inspection equipment
- Surface conditions
- Inspection and testing criteria
- The reporting of results
- Application of a written instruction
- Codes and standards
- Product technology (welds, castings, wrought), in-service and secondary process defects
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
An individual certified to Visual Testing Level 1 has demonstrated competence to carry out Visual Testing according to written instructions and under the supervision of Level 2 or Level 3 personnel. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 1 personnel may be authorised by the employer to perform the following in accordance with Visual Testing instructions:
- Set up Visual Testing equipment
- Perform Visual Inspection tests
- Record and classify results of the tests according to written criteria
- Report the results of Visual tests
Visual Testing Level 1 certified personnel shall neither be responsible for the choice of test method or technique to be used, nor for the interpretation of the test results.
PCN Certification is awarded once the student has demonstrated the required experience and training hours have been met and successful completion of the PCN examination has been achieved:
Level 1 – 16 training hours and 1 months experience
If you are wanting to quickly gain the experience required for your certification, accelerated learning might be for you. You can gain up to 50% of the required experience through this method.
16 hours of training is the equivalent of 80 hours of work experience. This is 50% of the 160 required hours of experience to gain your certification.
The price of training will vary depending on your own requirements, contact us and we can work this out for you.
Training course: £525
PCN levy: £80
PED Admin Fee: £45