The assessments provide an opportunity to test your knowledge. Students are able to attempt these as many times as they see fit but a 70% pass rate is required to progress.
The Ultrasonic Testing: Phased Array PCN Level 2 online refresher training is available to all those that require an overview of the subject and with or without an accompanying recertification examination. This can be booked at the same time.
In-class training equivalent: 2 days
Price per method/refresher training course
Access to the training course is for 30 days
Ultrasonic Testing: TOFD Level 2 Refresher is ideal for those who already have a basic understanding of the techniques of ultrasonic TOFD inspection and would like instruction to improve their knowledge and increase their experience in preparation for a recertification examination.
Course notes are able to be downloaded to be viewed on a separate device or printed for future use.
Each assessment will be marked as complete once a 70% pass rate has been achieved, but don’t worry, you can attempt these as many times as you like, even if you get higher than 70%.
The final assessment takes questions from all previous assessments to fully review your learning and refresh your knowledge.
The course is split into modules to break down the learning in to manageable parts.
- Unit 1 – Introduction
- Unit 2 – Background & Conventional Ultrasonic Testing
- Unit 3 – Background to the Importance of TOFD Technique
- Unit 4 – Data Collection System
- Unit 5 – Design of TOFD Inspection
- Unit 6 – Errors
- Unit 7 – Data Assessment – Flaw Characterisation
- Unit 8 – Analysis Software
- Unit 9 – Curved Surfaces and Complex Geometry
- Unit 10 – Reporting
The Argyll Ruane e-Learning program will work on various hardware platforms, but the following is an example of a minimum-specification that would be expected to deliver a rich, interactive user experience:
- PC or Mac.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or above, Modern Linux variant.
- 32-bit colour graphics.
- Keyboard and mouse.
- Recommended minimum browser: Google Chrome 11, Firefox 4, Safari 5, Internet Explorer 8 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into the e).
As e-learning is delivered online we would recommend the following bandwidths for internet access:
- Minimum bandwidth: 256 kbps
- If using video: 512 kbps