Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preperation.
This programme provides detailed instructions on the inspection of ferritic welds/castings/wrought products by the use of phased array ultrasonic testing. Suitable only for holders of current, valid UT certification approved and accepted by PCN.
This phased array training course is PCN recognised and provides excellent preparation for the Level 2 examinations. It meets in full the training hour requirements as specified by the relevant PCN documentation. The course utilises the latest Technology Design and Olympus phased array equipment.
- Principles of phased array probes
- Principles of inspection sensitivity
- Phased array instrumentation
- Scanning with phased array
- Calibration and checks
- Software for data collection
- Software familiarity
- Procedures for verification of flaw existence and position
- Use of software tools
- Data analysis
An individual certified to Ultrasonic Phased Array Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Ultrasonic Phased Array technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Ultrasonic Phased Array codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Ultrasonic Phased Array instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Ultrasonic Phased Array equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Ultrasonic Phased Array tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Ultrasonic Phased Array instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Ultrasonic Phased Array tests.
Full PCN certification is only achieved once the required experience is acquired following the completion of the required training hours and passing of the examination:
Ultrasonic Phased Array
Level 2 – 100 training hours and 3 months experience
Training course: £2,875
PCN Levy: £76