The assessments provide an opportunity to test your knowledge. Students are able to attempt these as many times as they see fit but a 70% pass rate is required to progress.
The Radiography PCN Level 2 online refresher training is available to all those that require an overview of the subject and with or without an accompanying recertification examination. This can be booked at the same time.
In-class training equivalent: 2 days
Price per method/refresher training course
Radiography Level 2 Refresher is ideal for those who already have a basic understanding of the techniques of radiographic inspection and would like instruction to improve their knowledge and increase their experience in preparation for a recertification examination.
Course notes are able to be downloaded to be viewed on a separate device or printed for future use.
Each assessment will be marked as complete once a 70% pass rate has been achieved, but don’t worry, you can attempt these as many times as you like, even if you get higher than 70%.
The final assessment takes questions from all previous assessments to fully review your learning and refresh your knowledge.
The course is split into modules to break down the learning in to manageable parts.
- Unit 1 – Radiographic Overview
- Unit 2 – X and Gamma Radiation
- Unit 3 – Basic Physics
- Unit 4 – Absorption and Scattering
- Unit 5 – Radiographic Equipment
- Unit 6 – Half Value Thickness
- Unit 7 – Radiographic Film
- Unit 8 – Characteristic Curves of Films
- Unit 9 – Intensifying Screens
- Unit 10 – Image Formation
- Unit 11 – Film Processing
- Unit 12 – Radiographic Quality
- Unit 13 – Radiographic Techniques
- Unit 14 – Determination of Exposure
The Argyll Ruane e-Learning program will work on various hardware platforms, but the following is an example of a minimum-specification that would be expected to deliver a rich, interactive user experience:
- PC or Mac.
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 or above, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or above, Modern Linux variant.
- 32-bit colour graphics.
- Keyboard and mouse.
- Recommended minimum browser: Google Chrome 11, Firefox 4, Safari 5, Internet Explorer 8 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into the e).
As e-learning is delivered online we would recommend the following bandwidths for internet access:
- Minimum bandwidth: 256 kbps
- If using video: 512 kbps