Candidates must be at least 18 years old and meet the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations. TDLs/film badges will be supplied to all candidates. We are able to arrange medicals and TLDs if candidates are not currently classified.
Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met.
- Basic radiation safety
- Properties of X-ray and Gamma rays
- Atomic structures
- Generation of X-rays
- Natural and artificial gamma radiation sources
- Gamma ray equipment
- Radiographic film
- Intensifying screens, exposure charts, calculations
- Techniques for weld and/or casting radiography
- Darkroom procedures
- Radiographic quality
- Interpretation of radiographs
- Preparation of a written instruction/radiographic technique
- Specifications and procedures
- Practical exercises
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
An individual certified to Radiographic Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Radiographic Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Radiographic Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Radiographic Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Radiographic Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Radiographic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Radiographic Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Radiographic tests.
Please note the second week of this course is the practical element, and this takes place at Intertek UK in Derby (14a Midland Rd, Derby DE72 2YT).
The first and third week of the course is undertaken at the IMechE Argyll Ruane Engineering Training Centre (4 Europa View, Sheffield Business Park, S91XH)
If booking accommodation please take this into consideration.
If BRS held:
Training course: £1,483
PCN levy: £76
If BRS not held:
Training course: £1,800
PCN levy: £152