Candidates must be at least 18 years old and meet the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations. TDLs/film badges will be supplied to all candidates. We are able to arrange medicals and TLDs if candidates are not currently classified.
Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met.
- Basic radiation safety
- Properties of X-ray and Gamma rays
- Atomic structures
- Generation of X-rays
- Natural and artificial gamma radiation sources
- Gamma ray equipment
- Radiographic film
- Intensifying screens, exposure charts, calculations
- Techniques for weld and/or casting radiography
- Darkroom procedures
- Radiographic quality
- Application of a written instruction/radiographic technique
- Specifications and procedures
- Practical exercises
All students that wish to perform radiography require a valid Basic Radiation Safety (BRS) certificate, this can be included as part of any RT course.
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
An individual certified to Radiographic Testing Level 1 has demonstrated competence to carry out Radiographic Testing according to written instructions and under the supervision of Level 2 or Level 3 personnel. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 1 personnel may be authorised by the employer to perform the following in accordance with Radiographic Testing instructions:
- Set up Radiographic Testing equipment
- Perform Radiographic Inspection tests
- Record and classify results of the tests according to written criteria
- Report the results of Radiographic tests
Radiographic Testing Level 1 certified personnel shall neither be responsible for the choice of test method or technique to be used, nor for the interpretation of the test results.
Training course: £745
PCN levy: £76
BRS not held
Training course: £945
PCN levy: £152