This course is run for group or company bookings and not individuals. It is designed to help personnel wishing to undertake the various PCN and ASNT qualifications where product technology/processes are now a key consideration.
- Definition of metals
- Explanation of elements and the periodic table
- Extraction metallurgy – iron making
- Production metallurgy – steel making
- Hot working of metals – primary and secondary
- Forging methods
- Casting methods
- Heat treatment
- Definition of different steel types and associated structures
- Basic welding techniques
- Defects associated with welding, casting and forging
This course can now be studied online at your own time and convenience, click here for more information.
May be linked to Non-Destructive Testing: An Appreciation, to provide an introduction to PCN.