Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. If attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination the requirements of your company’s written practice must be met. This course is not suitable for BGAS-CSWIP examination preparation.
The course is structured to meet national requirements and recommendations and is ideal for all radiography examination routes which may contain basic radiation safety content such as PCN, ASNT and NAS 410.
The programme is ideal for those candidates wishing to be certificated in Basic Radiation Safety under the PCN scheme requirements.
- Basic radiation physics
- Radiographic equipment
- Radiation units
- Biological effects
- Dose limits
- Radiation detection and measurement
- Protection against radiation
- Calculations for radiation protection
- Storage of radiation sources
- Transport of radioactive substances
- Appointments and responsibilities
- Local rules and contingency plans
- Personal dosimetry
- Normative documents
- Ionising Radiation Regulation (1999)
Validated by BINDT and recognised by PCN
Training course: £366
PCN Levy: £84